Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Yaba Daba Doo! and Lunch

by Michelle Hadley-Ambord

Like Fred Flintstone, I eagerly await the whistle that blows at high noon and signals my lunchtime break. Okay, so the whistle might only exist in my head, and it sounds more like the grumblings of my stomach than a stone-aged lunch bell. Still, who can deny the needs of the belly?

I think that we can all be grown-ups and admit that packing a lunch is friendlier to the environment, our wallets, and our waistlines than eating out.



But only an act of heaven can inspire me to get it together enough to prepare a lunch that my very refined tastes (read: I've been eating sugary treats and restaurant-prepared junk food for so long that I need some seriously tasty home-cooked options to wean me off my addiction) can tolerate.

So it was written, and so it shall be: etsy's The Patty Pan Shop brings divine inspiration in the form of a ridiculously cute lunchbox that makes packing a lunch seem anything but a chore. Her creations come in a variety of fun designs and cater to the crowd that prefers a lunchbox more akin to a purse...



as well as those who would rather kick it old school like they did in fifth grade with the rugged lunch sack...



Made with insulated lining, they'll keep the cold things chilly and the hot things, well, hot.



Lest we forget the icing on the proverbial cake, The Patty Pan Shop also makes coordinating snack bags for gold fishes, carrot sticks, or pre-historic rocks--you know, whatever you like to munch on when your blood sugar starts to plummet.



If I got one of these for Christmas (hint, hint), I'd just have to cook up something to pack inside of it. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment