Tuesday, November 10, 2009

For the Starbucks Fans

As much as I try to fight off my Starbucks addiction, I just can't seem to go a day without delighting in their spicy Chai Tea Lattes or their cheerily seasonal Peppermint Mochas. I'm sure that each drink packs some unholy number of calories, but what Michelle doesn't know won't hurt her. I hope.



Although I invested in a reusable mug to check my contribution to landfill pollution, I must confess that it's not always with me when the Starbucks cravings take over. (Might have something to do with the fact that it's not always clean.) If nothing else, I can at least stash a cute cup cozy in my bag so I don't have to use one of the cup sleeves that Starbucks provides. The downside: they're so adorable that they make me want to get a Starbucks just so I can enjoy how utterly fabulous they look on my cup!

Some of my favorite options, courtesy of etsy's talented:

Green Pockets makes brightly-colored, mod-looking cup sleeves out of vintage fabrics. I love the button embellishments.



Stitchella, featured in Scout Magazine, creates cup cozies with merino wool and prints trendy images like bicycles or sparrows on them using non-toxic ink.



I already bought four cup cozies at Jenco13's BOGO sale as stocking stuffers. Hers are crocheted from a machine-washable yarn and come in a variety of extremely attractive colors. The hubby mentioned today that the Country Rose-colored cozy that I claimed for myself (and tested on a Peppermint Mocha) coordinated with Starbucks' holiday cup.



For a couple extra bucks, you can add buttons or a fun flower to your cozy.



While you're picking out your own cup cozy, you may as well stock up on Christmas gifts for friends and co-workers. In the meantime, I have my eye on a ceramic travel mug by A Piece by Denise.



Maybe if I had this purple beauty, I wouldn't forget to bring it with me. But then what would I do with my cup cozy?

No comments:

Post a Comment