Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sexiest Luggage Ever

Tomorrow, I depart from the Ontario airport on an aeroplane to Palo Alto, California. My husband teaches Speech and Debate to junior highers at a local private school, and he gets to bring me along as co-chaperone of four junior highers who will be observing the annual Stanford debate tournament. Trips are even better when you don't have to pay for airfare or rooms.

Apart from the thrill of exploring new locales, I love traveling for the bags that I get to pack. To me, packing is an art form that I continue to develop with each trip that I take. Everything from the look and feel of the luggage to the way you arrange clothing creates the beautiful effect that I long to savor each time I travel. I roll my clothing, of course, and have a set of travel-sized, clear bottles that I fill with my toilette staples so that I don't waste money or clog landfills buying a travel-sized version of each product that I use.

If I really wanted to travel in green style, I'd invest in a set of upcycled, vintage luggage that would make me feel like Holly Golightly the minute I extracted it from the darkest recesses of my closet. Get Ready Set GO! is an etsy shop that has just the thing for my secret travel fantasy: gorgeous, upcycled vintage luggage oozing indie style. (As a bonus, you'll never mistake your luggage for anyone else's).

Here are the pieces you'll need to make travel a breeze!

1. Small suitcase, also known as a train case, for your shirts, socks, swimsuites, and that stuffed animal you always travel with...



1. You might also need a train case for your make-up, shampoo, lotion, and all that jazz...





3. Finally, you might also need a carry-on bag for all of those graphic novels, zines, and that travel blanket and pillow (you know you don't want to use that nasty pillow the airlines gives you). Obviously, you'll need some sort of messenger bag...



My next post will explore the wonderful world of travel-sized goods on etsy in case you're looking for the perfect body scrub to pack in your train case!

P.S. - For the uninitiated, upcycled means that someone has found a used, vintage item and either fixed it up, adding his/her own art to it (see the artsy designs on the luggage I featured), or repurposed it for something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment